Saturday, September 8, 2007

Munich Calling

Back to Bayern, land of beers, and the start of this European vacation. I met up with one Miss Claudia again, who had arranged for me to stay in a nice apartment that her friend had vacated for the week! We went to the castle and I did a water color, we met up for drinks with her crew, and the highlight was when Claudia surprised me by suggesting that I forget to return a couple of beer glasses to the beer garden......I was feeling kind of weird as I waited for my flight to New York. I don't know if it was the blues of a trip coming to a end, or the sight of so many stocky Bavarians in their leiderhosen. I think it was just weird to be in that airport, again. It seemed fitting to be there at the end of this trip, bookending my time in Europe with the same city. It was great to see a familiar face at the end, and had a great time in Europe, but I was honestly really looking forward to seeing friends and being back in the good ol US of A, after nine incredible months.