Sunday, September 9, 2007

Mr. Ahlberg Goes to Washington

George wasn't home, but I did get to see my old college roommate Dedric. It was great to see him and he showed me around D.C. Now this was America, through and through. We went to a friends bar-b-q where talk revolved around baseball and football. I was definitely back. In college, Dedric and I used to just lay around and watch TV, usually while nursing hang overs. We felt inclined to reenact this scenario, spending my entire second day there watching Tennis on TV. It was great. The only thing we were missing was a little Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Dumb and Dumber. On Tuesday I walked every inch of the Mall and wore two holes in my feet. I really liked the new American Indian Museum and sunset at Arlington Cemetery. I think it was fitting and proper that I stop by here on my way home, reintroducing myself to my own history and culture after learning so much about other places and people. My first experience of the East coast was interesting to say the least, but I'm a West coast boy, so it was time to get myself home. Good night and good luck.